Role of a CSS Peer Advising Coach
CSS Peer Advising Coaches will act as a “front line” filter for surface level questions to which the answers are accessible through the TCNJ website/PAWS, allowing the faculty/staff academic advisor to focus on more in-depth advising issues and career exploration with the student.
Peer Advising Coaches will support the departmental advising relationship by helping students prepare for faculty/staff advising appointments, thus increasing efficiency in time spent with student and overall productivity.
Peer advising coaches can:
- Answer questions about performing class searches and building shopping carts
- Navigate PAWS, including academic advisement and what-if reports
- Help understand enrollment appointments and advising/registration holds
- Help formulate meaningful questions to ask faculty/staff academic advisors
- Clarify policies and procedures related to transfer credits, minor applications, change of major guidelines, and much more.